Tuesday, January 6, 2009

LEAF SCRAPBOOK STICKER DESIGN

****see updated outside pics at bottom of this post****

I came up with the idea for this on Monday. Recently I purchased some scrapbook stickers at Michael's to use on top of my nails, sort of like nail art stickers. But I thought the designs were so cool, it might look neat to paint my nails, put a sticker on, paint my nails another color and then pull off the sticker. So when I got home I decided to do it. It worked out pretty good. I noticed that some of the more intricate designs I had more trouble getting them peeled off my nails in one pull. If you look close you can see a couple of spots where I messed up my polish trying to get the sticker off. In real life though, these nails look pretty hot!

First I painted my nails with China Glaze - QT. I did two coats of that, and let it dry.



Then I used one of the smaller silver stickers and placed it on my dry nail. I tried to leave some of the sticker hanging off of the nail so I would have something for my tweezers to grab when it comes time to take the stickers off. I picked this design of sticker since it could easily be cut down to fit my nail if needed.

Picture shows the sticker on my painted nail



Next, I painted over my entire nail, sticker and all, with China Glaze - Let's Do It in 3-D. I used two coats of this and let it dry somewhat. Then using tweezers I pulled the sticker off. I then used my Poshe top coat and did two good coats over my nails.

UPDATED OUTSIDE PICS BELOW

I couldn't let all the sunshine today go to waste without taking a pic - look at all that bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment