Thursday, January 22, 2009

CHINA GLAZE CAT'S EYE - SOCKED UP A NOTCH

Good morning! Today I have for you a beauty of a NOTD. I finally went to Sally's last night and I got some nail polish thinner. I know, welcome to the party already Brooke! I bought this particularly for two very old China Glaze nail polishes I have. I have Cat's Eye and Moonpool. Both of which are very thick, or at least they were. Now they are thin and smooth like they were when they were my new little babies so many years ago.


Earlier this week Olga was trying to find a greened out gold, and Wagon Trail still wasn't quite what she was looking for. I told her I thought Cat's Eye would be perfect, however, I have no clue if Cat's Eye is still available or not. I checked on the Nail Polish Gallery to see if there were any swatch's up and the search came back with nothing. I took a couple pics of the bottle and lid so you could see how old it is, it is their old design and logo.





After I got done painting this color on, I just knew a perfect accompaniment would be my lovely gift from Pixie, my Nfu Oh #60. As you can tell from the amount of pictures I took, I really, Really, REALLY liked this combo :) The pictures are in a variety of lighting from just my lamp. to flash, to the fluorescent light in my kitchen, all an attempt to capture the beauty of this. I think I did a 75% good job, but there is still a little lacking that was only visible in person. It kind of took on this really dark olive green color, with flashes of green and bronze and gold and orange and red from the flakies. My nails were literally singing to me ! ! !

Has anyone every heard of China Glaze Cat's Eye? Does anyone know if this is still available?

No comments:

Post a Comment