Thursday, May 14, 2009

RED AND WHITE POKE-A-DOTS

I was inspired to do this nail design by a wonderful site called Precious Nails. Susan does nails at her home based salon in Tampines - not sure where that is, but I am guessing Japan. She regularly posts pictures of the nails she does for her customers in her Nail Art Gallery. I really love her style of nail art. She is such a talented lady. Anyway I was looking at her site and saw a couple of designs that I really liked and seemed easy enough that I could do on my own.


My design came from the idea behind two pictures of hers:


I really liked the decoration of these.

I really liked the look of the red with white dots on these.
*Both photo's are property of Precious Nail Services!




So together I came up with this look:


Here is what I used to complete my look:




Here is the finished product! I am really, really pleased with these! These were pretty easy to do. Although, I would do something different next time I do them. I should have painted the white, half moon first and then matched the red up to it. I did the red first and then tried to go back and paint the half moon on. While it doesn't look bad, I think I would have gotten a more clean look had I done it the other way.






I even did my toes to match - more on those in an upcoming post.








P.S. - I know that isn't how polka dots is spelled in the title for all you grammar police out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment