Thursday, May 7, 2009

FUNKY FRENCH NAIL ART

It's been a while since I have done just some plain ol' nail art. Last night I wanted to use some of my new OPI's I got from Ulta, and I couldn't decide between Rosey Future - a really light, shimmery pink or Lourve me Lourve me not - a really dark purple with flashes of micro glitter. So I decided to do a funky french - since maybe you have noticed MY NAILS ARE GROWING!! I feel like I actually have some nails now! It almost seems like these things grew over night or something, doesn't it!


Anyway I painted the base of my nails with two coats of Rosey Future. Then I free handed the dark purple french tips with Lourve me Lourve me not. I wasn't to pleased with the two colors together for some reason, I didn't hate but I didn't love it either. That's when I busted out the silver Stripe Rite nail art pen and laid out a silver dividing line. Still not quite pleased, I added two little swoops off both ends of the silver line. Aaaahhhhh - some nail art I can finally be satisfied with.


I must admit I can't quit looking at this today. I just looooove it. When I showed Ricco last night he said it was the best that my nails have looked in a while :) (to which I should have said - oh really? does that mean my nails looked like crap all the days before?? hahaha! you know how us crazy women are!)


















I have a great idea for tonight's mani - using Do you lilac it (for you RAI) and Lourve me Lourve me not, my diagonal design, and this silver line design from above.....the creative juices are flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment