Friday, May 22, 2009

HOT PINK & GOLD NAILS

This is my mom's mani I did for her last night. She decided on hot pink, pink glitter and gold stamped images. Way to go mom - finally getting a little neon and glittah in your life! For the base I painted three coats of China Glaze - Pink Voltage. Even after three coats this color left definite VNL, but mom said it didn't bother her. Then I painted one coat of NYX - Sheer Nude, which I vote to be the dumbest name given to a nail polish - there is absolutely NOTHING sheer or nude about a hot pink glitter nail polish. C'mon NYX, don't let color blind people name your polishes! After this dried, we stamped a flower design from one of my fauxnad plates, which I didn't get the number of. She originally wanted the pineapples, but after we stamped the pinkie nail, they weren't showing up enough. We left the pineapples on the two pinkie nails. To stamp I used China Glaze - Passion. Last, I applied three silver bouillon beads to the center of each flower. Turned out pretty cute I think.












Dinky was patiently waiting for granny to stop using her new toy from Tuli as a prop so she could play with it again.
Are you done yet granny????

Maybe you all have noticed a trend in my moms nails - Pink or Brown base with a gold stamp (usually a grass pattern)...........boring! Really there is nothing wrong with what she picks, but it's fun to do something different every once in a while too.
So I thought it would be fun to let YOU ALL pick out what her next mani should look like! I am going to be doing a post later today with some design & color choices and I am going to let you all vote on her next mani.

No comments:

Post a Comment