Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER

Usually I haven't commented on all of these celebrity deaths we have had this summer, but Patrick Swayze I just had to say something about. DIRTY DANCING was my favorite movie for the longest time. I think I could recite almost all the lines in that movie and I still watch it from time to time ( last time was about 6 months ago!). There was a time, and my sisters can attest to this, that I watched Dirty Dancing EVERYDAY after school for several months straight. The best line from that movie has to be "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!".


!! EDIT !!
Reading Velvet's comment brought up some memories I had from this movie. I remember where I was the first time I watched this movie and I thought it was so racy, lol! I couldn't believe my mom let us watch it, but I loved it. (It was at the house at Lake Canton, remember Mom?)

I also remember me and my sisters cutting our jeans off into long shorts and then rolling the cut legs up! I thought I was so cool!!

If anyone has any memories they would like to share about watching this movie, or Patrick Swayze memories at all, I hope you do in the comments, I love reading them.






This is a classic clip from SNL:





I admit - I sing along to this song during the movie :)




Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer - which is how I have lost a loved one too. Let's pray for cures for ALL cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment