Monday, June 20, 2011

My Nails Today: Essie Sand Tropez

Hey everyone!

Yesterday night was my friend's debutante ball :DD She's a sweet girl and a good friend, so it was nice to see her all dolled up and enjoying herself. As I said on Twitter, today I'll show you how I did my nails to go with my outfit :)

I wore a vintage 1950s red lace dress I bought from Etsy a bit ago. Because the dress was so bright, I wanted to keep my nails simple and neutral. So I decided to use a color I bought but hadn't yet tried-- Essie's Sand Tropez.

Essie polishes always have the best consistency and application! I bought my first Essie polish when I was in middle school, haha. I don't remember the color's name, but it was a standard light pink. Back then Essie was only in salons, I think.

I applied two coats of Sand Tropez, and a coat of Seche Vite on top :) I love the color of this polish to DEATH. It's so gorgeous, and exactly the color of sand :O

NOTE: Remember, you can always click on my pictures to enlarge them.


 And here are some pictures of the polish by itself, in natural light:


Actually, today I have a question for you all. What base coat do you all use? Would you recommend it? I'm trying to find a better base coat than the one I'm using now (Sinful Colors Basecoat), because it really doesn't make my nails stronger, lengthen the life of my mani, etc. But I figured I'd ask you guys first! Let me know your thought on this post and on your base coat in my comment box :D Thanks for reading :)

-The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment