Sunday, June 12, 2011

Confetti Nail Polish Swatch, Milani Jewels Gold

Hello fellow worms!

So today I went to CVS and happened upon a display of a brand of nail polish I hadn't seen before. So, I snapped a picture of the display :) The name of the brand is Confetti Nails. Click to enlarge.


There was really only one color that caught my eye, but they did have some interesting colors in the very last row. They had a dark shimmery purple, and a shimmery yellow-green in the last row which you can see in the bottom right hand of the photo below.  I took a close up shot of the display as well so you can get a better look.


 Interestingly, don't you think this color might be a dupe for OPI by Katy Perry's Last Friday Night? I don't own Last Friday Night, but they look awfully alike. What do you think?


Anyways, the color I bought was called Moonstruck (and I grabbed the last one, yesss my precious...) It's a lovely taupe that looks purplish in different lighting. The application was a little watery and streaky, but with a second coat it evened out nicely. I didn't see any of the Big Three chemicals (Toulene, Formaldehyde, or Dibutyl Phthalate) mentioned in the contents of the polish, so it appears to be 3-Free. And, it was only $1.99, a real deal for what an interesting color it is :D It dried in only a few minutes to a glossy shine. And...I LOVE IT. It's so pretty! Gaze at its wondrousness (is that even a word?)


I also bought Milani's Jewel FX in Gold today, and I thought it would look really cute over Moonstruck, so I put two light coats of the Milani on top. I really like the contrast between the neutral polish and the shiny gold glitter. This photo is in artificial light, but this picture is a more accurate portrayal of Moonstruck's taupe/purple color.


Gosh, I'm crazy about neutrals right now. I bought like three the other day, which I will make a post about. Are you guys into neutrals? I didn't like them for years, but for some reason they look really sleek and cool to me lately. Tell me what you think in the comments :D I hope you enjoyed this post, see you again soon!

The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment