Friday, June 5, 2009

HIGH VOLTAGE

Today I have my second set of LA Colors I got from the Polish Pixie. This collection is called High Voltage, and just like the other collection I swatched, none of the polishes have names. Why do companies do this? When I franken a polish - the name is like the cherry on top, it just feels like a incomplete job, half-assed if you will. At least the beauty of these polishes takes my mind of the whole name thing. I loved all eight colors from both collections.



High Voltage still has bright, intense colors, but these each have flashes of another color going through them. None of these are jellies like the Explosive collection. These collections are available through Cherry Culture and run $6.00 per collection. There is one more collection, Amp'd, that I am very intrigued on getting since I like both of the other collections so much.



Sorry for the crappy pic here, but it was the only one I had without flash, so I had to use this one. This one is a pink with orange/gold shimmer through out. My favorite from this collection.


This one is a purple with blue/silver shimmer throughout. The shimmer on this one was really strong in person.


This green one was a little strange in that it didn't really fit in with the collection. This one has glitter in it, while none of the other colors did. This one was also really light, and after three coats it still was on the sheer side. This one would look good layered over another darker green I think.



This one was really cool, it was kind of blue and green at the same time. It reminds me alot of NYX - Jungle. This was my second fav. from this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment